shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DESERT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

PETALBURG[break] ← ULTRA DESERT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281820402462792/haina.mp3[/player][break]
Haina Desert - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

A VAST DESERT LANDSCAPE dotted with rocky structures and monoliths. Curiously, they almost seem humanmade, though there are no signs of people here. Shrubbery and turquoise crystals are encrusted throughout the bright and sweltering dryland. Occasionally, you may stumble upon rocky terrain that is difficult to traverse.[break][break]

Mysterious obelisks with missing seals are situated throughout the desert. No one knows why they exist, or who made them.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 02 involve gigantic orthworms who attempt to hunt you using tremorsense.
  • 13 involve quicksand, secret passages, or being buried alive.
  • 14 experience a misleading mirage.
  • 32 open an old sarcophagus/tomb that unleashes a horrendous curse (effects up to your discretion) onto your party.
  • 🗺️ utilize terastallization in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ @gwylim may encounter old hieroglyphics in the walls that feature odd, spliced combinations of Ultra Beasts.
  • 🗺️ the "DESERT SEAL: RIGHT TO RULE" can be slotted into an obelisk temporarily, causing the obelisk to shuffle blocks in its structure like a rubik's tower. the blocks will reveal glyphs that depict a buzzwole and pheromosa clashing over the dunes. curiously, no other pokemon are depicted despite their presence in the realm.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
CO-FOUNDER OF VELVET ROOM
I LIKE MEN ON THEIR KNEES PRAYING UP TO THEIR GOD, SEEING VISIONS OF ME
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
ULTRA DESERT: SGL
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 14:21:21 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lorelhold"]
[attr="class","loreholdsalltop"]
[attr="class","loretoplyr"]i like men on their knees

[attr="class","loretophold"]i don't need your roses

[attr="class","loreleibanner"]

[attr="class","loreleibannercolor"]

[attr="class","lorelicon"]

[attr="class","loreleisym"][attr="class","cp cp-rose"]

[attr="class","lorelyrknee"]praying up to their god seeing visions of me i'm a cult leader mind reader heart eater Fear feeder, say I'm your favorite preacher

[attr="class","lorespeaks"]
aw shit, here we go again.[break][break]
lorelei looked to the sands distrustfully. she had already almost been the victim to hungry orthworms once. while she was always prepared for most anything like an over-worrying mother, she still thought she was a bit more prepared this time around with her signature houndoom by her side. the fire type dog would prove advantageous should the steel-coated worms appear once more. [break][break]
as always, goobly was on her shoulder - arms crossed and sunglasses on to combat the blaring sun. the ditto seemed ready to be put to use as need be.[break][break]
"there seems to be some kind of trail," lorelei pointed out plainly, looking at the lines drawn in the sand by gigantic orthworms. they seemed to converge at a point much further ahead. while it was totally against horror movie rules to go towards where monsters may frolic, it could prove worthwhile if they were guarding something. "there also seems to be various stories of strange happenings in this desert - to no one's surprise." she pulled out a few pages she had printed out of forum comments that had detailed strange caravans and weird mirages people had seen. perhaps they would be subject to some, themselves.

[attr="class","loredivide"]

[attr="class","loreat"] @gwylim

[newclass=".lorelhold"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #232323; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreholdsalltop"]position: relative; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretophold"]position: relative; top: -23px; right: -97px; width: 150px; font-size: 7px; padding: 8px; font-family: poppins; font-weight: bold; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; background-color: #796477;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibanner"]position: relative; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 75px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/964106694525333564/1063736206216679516/x6.png); opacity: 0.4; filter: contrast(0.4); z-index: 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibannercolor"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: 75px; top: -75px; z-index: 2; background-color: #766376; mix-blend-mode: multiply;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelicon"]position: relative; left: -75px; top: -95px; width: 75px; height: 75px; border-radius: 100%; border: 10px solid #262626; overflow: hidden; z-index: 5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelicon img"]width: 75px; height: 75px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleisym"]position: relative; top: -175px; left: -120px; font-size: 80px; color: #262626; z-index: 3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretoplyr"]position: relative; font-size: 15px; top: 70px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-family: poppins; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#eee, #333); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font-weight: bold; mix-blend-mode: exclusion; width: 360px; z-index: 6;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretoplyr u"]border-bottom: 1px solid #796477;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelyrknee"]position: relative; top: -249px; left: 75px; font-size: 6px; text-align: justify; word-break: break all; font-family: verdana; line-height: 175%; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 175px; height: 25px; color: gray;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorespeaks"]position: relative; top: 25px; width: 275px; height: auto; font-size: 11.5px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 150%; color: #a3a3a3; padding-left: 20px; border-left: 1px solid #7f687a; font-family: roboto; margin-bottom: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorespeaks b"]color: #7f687a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreat"]position: relative; right: 0px; top: -25px; font-size: 12px; width: 300px; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loredivide"]position: relative; top: -50px; width: 275px; height: 1px; border-top: 1px solid #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 4:30:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had been all over Hoenn, and she had not one clue how to hatch her Buzzwole egg she had procured from Ultra Desert the last time she had come to the place. The answer to hatching those eggs had to be outside Hoenn. It had to be in one of the rifts, right? Plus, wanted her to collect yet more data about the desert.

When she returned to the base camp they had set up the last time they were in the desert (and by a miracle of Arceus, it was still there, she would wave to , who might be able to see her riding on the back of... a big Raticate? The front-weighted saddle had a rest for her rider's legs, which needed to be raised off the ground. The vermin was so short and had such stubby legs that if she let her legs relax, her feet would drag in the sand beneath her. "Hi there Lorelei!" she would greet her familiar adventuring companion from the back of her highly unusual steed, bouncing quite rapidly from the Raticate's fast running stroke. "This is Squeals, one of my newest partners! I thought the desert would be a great place to let her run. Who's that with you?"

ooc note: Shalin has a Poipole egg and a Buzzwole egg on her person.

@gwylim

{WC: 211}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Squeals       Raticate       Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Caprice       Ninetales      Good
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 1:10:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Perhaps a bit too prepared, Gwylim seemed to pack with survival in mind. A desert served the possibility of dehydration, poisonous creatures looming in the sand, and sunburn. (There were other things he could be prepared for -- a sketch pad proved useful for any mysterious findings he would likely come across.) With a pair of thin-framed sunglasses, he seemed prepared for the blistering sun. Even though it faired similar to a desert found in their realm, there remained some stark contrasts. The biggest contrast seemed to be the paths dug by Orthworms as they roamed the sand below. They'd prove to be dangerous hunters, the group would have to be careful.

As he caught sight of the two who seemed to already be acquainted, he gave a simple nod. Seemed he served as the odd man out in this situation. (He knew of Lorelei, but never made it a point to visit her.) His form of travel seemed to be aloft with his Altaria. It seemed Shalin had chosen a Raticate, an admittedly peculiar choice. It wasn't long until Gwylim opened his bag to pull out three bottles of water. He tossed two of them to the other two and kept the third for himself.

"Seems you two know one another. Chuffed to meet you, I'm Gwylim," he greeted with a stiff sense of politeness. "Danny and Micah both send their regards."

Did he know them? Strangely so, but there was no need for him to discuss the connection. Before he could offer another word, the sands shifted a bit as if from a further off disturbance. Perhaps the Orthworms? Hard to judge. His attention turned strictly to Shalin as he spoke up.

"You seem comfortable with this area, a bit more than Miss Lorelei. I take it you've frequented this area a bit?" he questioned, genuinely curious. "Perhaps we should appoint you as the expedition leader."

Sound logic, or at least Gwylim felt so.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 1:49:11 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lorelyrknee"]praying up to their god seeing visions of me i'm a cult leader mind reader heart eater Fear feeder, say I'm your favorite preacher

"i don't quite mind ms. shalin being our guide for the day," lorelei concurred, nodding at the raticate rider with a bit of a raised eyebrow. leaning forward, she looked at the riding pokemon - curious as to how it was tamed enough to be able to be ridden, let alone how it got so big to be a rideable size to begin with. what a peculiar specimen. all too soon, she found herself wanting one of her own.[break][break]
"goobly." the ditto gave a baritone 'itto' as it transformed into a copy of the rideable raticate, but without the straps and tackle that allowed it to be ridden. lorelei was appeased at this alone, canting her head as she looked around them. it looked like the orthworms would lead them down an interesting path, so why not follow it?[break][break]
"after you both," lorelei suggested, offering them both to the desert.

[newclass=".lorelhold"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: auto; border: 1px solid #232323; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreholdsalltop"]position: relative; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretophold"]position: relative; top: -23px; right: -97px; width: 150px; font-size: 7px; padding: 8px; font-family: poppins; font-weight: bold; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; background-color: #796477;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibanner"]position: relative; top: 0px; width: 360px; height: 75px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/964106694525333564/1063736206216679516/x6.png); opacity: 0.4; filter: contrast(0.4); z-index: 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleibannercolor"]position: relative; width: 360px; height: 75px; top: -75px; z-index: 2; background-color: #766376; mix-blend-mode: multiply;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelicon"]position: relative; left: -75px; top: -95px; width: 75px; height: 75px; border-radius: 100%; border: 10px solid #262626; overflow: hidden; z-index: 5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreleisym"]position: relative; top: -175px; left: -120px; font-size: 80px; color: #262626; z-index: 3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loretoplyr"]position: relative; font-size: 15px; top: 70px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-family: poppins; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#eee, #333); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font-weight: bold; mix-blend-mode: exclusion; width: 360px; z-index: 6;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorelyrknee"]position: relative; top: -249px; left: 75px; font-size: 6px; text-align: justify; word-break: break all; font-family: verdana; line-height: 175%; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 175px; height: 25px; color: gray;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lorespeaks"]position: relative; top: 25px; width: 275px; height: auto; font-size: 11.5px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 150%; color: #a3a3a3; padding-left: 20px; border-left: 1px solid #7f687a; font-family: roboto; margin-bottom: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loreat"]position: relative; right: 0px; top: -25px; font-size: 12px; width: 300px; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".loredivide"]position: relative; top: -50px; width: 275px; height: 1px; border-top: 1px solid #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 2:27:36 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Great to meet you, Gwylim!" Shalin chirped as she reined Squeals away from the base camp. "You've got a slick ride, too!" she waved at the rather large Altaria the older, but still handsome, man that was seated on the blue and white dragon as the Normal-type started gnawing her uncomfortably long fangs down to a length ideal for her size. "Let's go, everyone!"

With that, the surprisingly swift rat led the way, Shalin whooping and seemingly having the time of her life from how rapidly the Raticate was bouncing her. She showcased quite a bit of skill simply staying on the Pokémon, saddle or no. Their destination was a large, ruined temple she had spotted the last time she had come to the desert, but warring Ultra Beasts stopped her from getting to.

When they arrived, Shalin scanned the front face for an obvious entrance to the ruins, but could not find one that wasn't completely caved in. She took a lap around the three faces she could reach before she could have sworn she felt a draft. "Hey, Lorelei, Gwylim, come here!" she cried, waving for their attention. "You feel this?" she asked, her hair being blown around by a strong draft coming from a subtly cracked wall.

"I think this is our ticket inside! Come on, Treble!" Shalin cracked open her Kommo's Poké Ball, the fighting-type also geared to carry a rider. Gwylim may have suspected Shalin may have raised primarily highly unusual ride Pokémon by now. "Stand back! Treble, use CLOSE COMBAT!" With that, the dragon reared into his hind legs only, raising a paw-fist toward the drafty wall and slamming into it. With a war cry, Treble's fist, and the rest of the scales on his body, started vibrating vigorously, the sound of dozens of stone impacts per second rumbling loudly in the vicinity. "Faster, Treble! Use BOOMBURST!"

The Kommo-o's entire body disappeared into a stationary blur as a distinct humming noise accompanied the grating sound from the wall slowly being ground to pieces: the scales were rattling fast enough to make their own resonance. And she rode this Pokémon? That would be like being thrown into a blender! If it weren't for the Verdanturf tanner's master handiwork, the Kommo-o's saddle would have been shredded by now.

In a deafening explosion of stone, the section of weak wall went flying inward at a speed that made it whistle in the air before another thud was a sign it had shattered to pieces. "Come on, let's go in!"

ooc note: Shalin has a Poipole egg and a Buzzwole egg on her person.

> 13 involve quicksand, secret passages, or being buried alive.

@gwylim

{WC: 425}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 21:39:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
With the troupe gathered and Lorelei with her own choice of mount that seemed to mimic the Raticate Shalin had brought, the three set off. Gwylim kept a firm grip around his Altaria's neck. It's not that he hadn't managed to ride on the dragon type before, but he still hadn't been accustomed to such. He simply sat there aloft until Shalin had called the two of them over. Once the Altaria had descended, Gwylim hopped off and allowed the creature to rest on his arm for a change. Though it wasn't long until the Altaria used its wings to cover both itself and Gwylim's ears at the intense sound of the young woman's Kommo-o and its use of boomburst.

Luckily for them, it seemed to do the trick. However the ruckus it caused seemed to attract some attention from further off. Once the ringing in their ears subsided, Gwylim was able to process the sound of something tremendous digging. It seemed the Orthworms from further off managed to sense the impact that Kommo-o made, and they raced their way towards the source.

Gwylim wasted no time as he headed into through the hole they'd made in the stone walls. Once he was sure that the other two were in, he left his Ditto out of its pokeball and allowed it to transform into another Altaria. With two dragons in his midst, he was certain they could take at least one of the Orthworm down. Soon they found themselves encircled. Had they been any later, maybe the Orthworm could have done the hard work that the Kommo-o had done.

One surfaced and soon Gwylim hopped onto one of the Altaria and took flight. Both Altaria managed to attempt and fend the first Orthworm off with a dual Dragon Pulse. Thankfully it seemed to do a number on it, but the creature still held strong.

"From the sounds, I'm estimating three. That means one for each of us to fend off. Do you think you both can handle that?"

tl;dr
- follows shalin
- finds that the kommo-o's boomburst lured in orthworms
- uses transformed ditto (altaria) and altaria to begin to fight one off

prompts used
02 involve gigantic orthworms who attempt to hunt you using tremorsense.

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:44:29 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

"we don't have much of a choice in this matter," lorelei replied to gwylim's idea, having following shalin into this unexpected dungeon run. the orthworms seemed to already be dividing and conquering on their own, without being nudged to do so. one worm went after each person and tried to separate them as if keeping them from unifying and finding out what laid deep within their lair. due to their tremorsense, they didn't quite care that it was super dark in the depths of this tomb-like area - they simply went by the vibrations each trainer left with their footprints on the sand-covered slabs of sandstone beneath their feet.[break][break]
with her houndoom about her, lorelei fended off her own orthworm with fire blasts thrown into it directly. the steel type titan made noises akin to a large ship heaving and bending under the pressure of a large ocean wave - wriggling wildly as it almost flipped itself over to turn tail. it had taken a considerable amount of damage and it was ready to leave, though something seemed to keep it from turning away fully. it refocused and threw itself into a corpse run dash towards lorelei just to be intercepted by a flash of a wrist and the terastallization of the houndoom into a powered up dragon hammer. the orthworm laid against the sandstone, unmoving then.[break][break]
lorelei ordered a low-powered fire blast from her houndoom as means of lighting some torches left to the trial of time as she looked for the rest of the party but also took a few steps further into this strange area by herself. "let's not stray too far from each other."

- followed shalin[break]
- took down her own orthworm using tera'd houndoom[break]
- lighting up some torches to help see further into the tomb[break][break]

USE TERASTALLIZATION IN A PIVOTAL WAY
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 18:02:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Before Shalin could head in, several giant Orthworm had been drawn to Treble thanks to his intensely-vibrating scales. With the Kommo-o still dazed, she withdrew the fighting-type for a fire Pokémon: Caprice, her Ninetales. The saddled golden fox reared up before breathing FLAMETHROWER in the steel-types' general direction, getting them to scatter.

Shalin, her Raticate steed, and her Ninetales led the way into the ruins hidden from the desert's light. Her Ninetales crouched down next to @gwylim , letting the man hop on if he so wanted. Wait, when did Caprice warm up to letting others sit astride her?

Shalin took one of the torches had graciously lit for her before taking a look around the ruins' main chamber. It was quite spacious, though three passages, one in each direction, quickly narrowed and would necessitate flying Pokémon to land due to the halls' size. As she guided her Raticate straight ahead, her Ninetales alongside her, the rider and two Pokémon... fell through the floor? The two may have been able to hear her scream coming from beyond, but it had so much echo that pinpointing her exact direction would be difficult.

> 14 experience a misleading mirage. (Shalin fell through a false floor)

@gwylim

{WC: 194}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 3:43:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It seemed Lorelei had some tricks up her sleeve with her Houndoom. As the creature managed to body one of the Orthworms, Gwylim turned his attention back to the beast he faced. As Shalin focused her own attacks on the third Orthworm, Gwylim proceeded to make quick work of the one he'd opted to take on. His Altaria took care of it with one final strike. With their threat down, Gwylim called back his Altaria into its ball and allowed his Ditto to transform back and sit upon his shoulder where the Altaria often perched. As the trio hurried through the labyrinth of misleading twists and turns, his ears twinged the moment he heard the screams of Shalin.

While he tried to find the source, it seemed the walls reverberated them and left him turning at the wrong times. With a forced attempt to back track, Gwylim grew more frustrated at the neverending maze. Finally he'd managed to find Shalin as though she'd (perhaps?) fell off of her mount. His Ditto jumped off of his shoulder and warbled at her as it tried to help her stand once more.

"Are you injured?"

As he asked, Gwylim dropped his bag off of his shoulder, knelt down, and dug in, ready to pull out some antiseptic spray and bandages. It wasn't long until he looked up to Lorelei and felt himself frown in distaste. Perhaps this was his silent way of disapproving of the way that their appointed leader had rushed in. This place wasn't the safest, and they needed to stick together.

"It seems some of us got a bit scrambled for a moment. Lorelei, were there any corridors you found that lead anywhere?" He'd trusted she'd know given she had a more cautious approach to this area.

tl;dr
- takes down an orthworm
- trails after shalin after hearing her scream
- offers to treat any possible injuries
- asks Lorelei if she's seen any corridors that lead elsewhere

prompts used

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 3:57:10 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

lorelei remained above the pitfall trap that shalin had fallen into. it seemed that hovering mounts were favorable, given these strings of booby traps lining the halls. it was still too bad that such was impossible in such an enclosed space with ceilings that were low enough to inhibit most flying. [break][break]
"i believe i do see something. i'll take the hit on this one," she offered as she pulled out the strange trinket they had brought with them from her bag. the seal was labeled 'RIGHT TO RULE' and was humming lowly ever since shalin had taken her nosedive into the depths of the maze-like tomb. perhaps she had set something into motion.[break][break]
lorelei followed this motion all the way to a wall, using the seal as a compass to point her in the right direction. the louder it hummed, the more it seemed to vibrate. by the point it was basically jumping out of her hands, the seal had attached itself to a depression in one of the walls underneath a series of lit torches. the torches changed various colors in a morse code-type pattern before unlocking the next passage deeper still into the tomb much like someone would undo a rubik's cube. pheromosa and buzzwole were fighting across the depiction on this wall, turning and twisting around one another in an endless brawl that was immortalized in sandstone.[break][break]
"i think it's important we all reconvene before we do anything with this," lorelei said - her eyes narrowing as she focused on the SARCOPHAGUS before her. it seemed to be the center of this tomb and had a large dead orthworm sprawled over it as if to keep it from being touched.

- stayed above to look further into tombs[break]
- finds weird wall reacting to the desert seal[break]
- opens said wall, being part of a tower hidden underground[break]
- wall reveals a cursed looking sarcophagus[break][break]

the "DESERT SEAL: RIGHT TO RULE" can be slotted into an obelisk temporarily, causing the obelisk to shuffle blocks in its structure like a rubik's tower. the blocks will reveal glyphs that depict a buzzwole and pheromosa clashing over the dunes. curiously, no other pokemon are depicted despite their presence in the realm.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 3:00:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
@gwylim and would hear the echo of humming Flygon wings, followed by perhaps seeing an empty Poké Ball fly up through the false wall as Shalin checked to make sure it was pass-through both ways. When gravity returned it to her, the explorer emerged from beyond the false floor and landed. "I'll be okay. Hey, Gwylim, where'd Lorelei go?" she asked. Provided the man saw her go ahead, she would follow Lorelei's lead. She switched rides to her shiny Espeon, who could teleport across gaps, as long as there was a nearby object of the appropriate size to ALLY SWITCH with.

Once the duo had caught up, the explorer apologized to Lorelei. "Sorry we got separated -- what did you find?" She took a look at the black sarcophagus before her, the text on it in a language she could not understand. It looked different from aboard the ship, too. Did this language predate the Megalopolan language? Who knew?

The images of Buzzwole and Pheromosa reminded Shalin her first trip to the desert. "Oh, yeah! That egg of mine finally hatched! It was one of those!" she pointed to the depiction of the Buzzwole. "I'm still trying to get to know him. I'm just not sure if it was worth... her..." she trailed off, of course referring to a certain friend she had lost recently...

@gwylim

{WC: 225}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 4:09:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
With Lorelei's discovery, Gwylim followed suit and stared at the long dead Orthworm for a moment before he turned his attention elsewhere. A shame, it was like the creature was left there to rot. His rotom phone floated before him to light up the walls. As he approached, he took the opposite wall of Shalin and carefully studied the hieroglyphics. Fingers brushed against the wall delicately as he took in the sight of spliced ultra beasts. He shuffled through his bag and carefully copied the drawings before him for a later reference. It seemed those who dwelled in the desert took interest in gene splicing as well. His breath hitched in his throat. Just what did they study? How utterly fascinating.

After he put the final touches on copying over the hieroglyphics, Gwylim closed his sketchpad and stored it away. His attention turned back to the sarcophagus in the middle of the room. As much as it called to him, he showed restraint. He'd seen plenty of horror films that told him opening the sealed sarcophagus was the wrong idea. His attention turned back to the other two.

"The realist in me says that it would be a bad idea to open that sarcophagus, but the theorist in me says that it has further secrets in it," he hums in contemplation. "I'll take care of the corpse if someone else would care to open this thing."

With that said, Gwylim approached the Orthworm corpse and carefully began to lift it off. His actions seemed gentle, as though he dealt with the dead frequently. (Of course he did, but his fellow travelers didn't need to know that.) The moment that he sat the Orthworm's corpse down, he used two fingers to touch his forehead, then below his chest, followed by the left shoulder, then right. Almost as if he was forming a cross over his torso. After such was done, he bowed his head. Perhaps it didn't seem befitting of a scientist to pray, but he could see that the creature had suffered terribly. After the moment of silence, he turned back to the others.

"Let's get this over with, shall we?"

tl;dr
- copies the hieroglyphics
- suggests checking the sarcophagus
- moves the dead orthworm off of the sarcophagus

prompts used
🗺️ GWYLIM LATTIERI may encounter old hieroglyphics in the walls that feature odd, spliced combinations of Ultra Beasts.

close tab

played by

HONEY

MS. DU'MOT
SHE/HER
FEBRUARY 14TH
LAVENDER TOWN
HETEROSEXUAL
DEBT COLLECTOR, TORTURER
awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 5:23:05 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
[nospaces]

as per the rules of 'nose goes', lorelei did not touch that damn sarcophagus - not even with a long stick. "i think it's up to you two who opens this. something in me is telling me not to but ..." while she wasn't a fearful woman, she superstitious enough to not want to be the one to be the first to disturb the dead. what she would do, however, was be on standby with her pokemon ready to pounce on whatever would come out. a certain pokeball on her belt was vibrating just faintly enough to not be noticed as well, as if it reverberated with what was inside.

- on standby for spooks

KxJMx482

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,917 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 18:26:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Disturbing the dead was something Shalin was all too familiar with. She had to disturb many gravestones and coffins during her trip through Mount Pyre's Forbidden Crypt with . "Please do, @gwylim ," Shalin answered, implying she was volunteering to open the coffin's lid. She wrapped her fingers around a corner of the lid and pulled.

With a creak, the pungent odor of aged Pheromosa fluid, alongside an eerie smog, wafted into the ruined structure. She had to cover her nose and turn away. "Out! Now!" she cried, getting on her Pokémon again and fleeing the ruins. It was too late, though.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

SHALIN HAS BEEN CURSED BY THE VENGEFUL SPIRIT OF PHEROMOSA. FOR THE REMAINDER OF HER TYPE: NULL SYNTHESIS QUEST, ALL ROLLS ARE MADE WITH DISADVANTAGE.

@gwylim

{WC: 135}
{PC: 5}

qWpo9IUM

img